Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Onward, Christian Soldiers

The exercise was going great! Until the end of last week. I missed two days- and when that happens right next to Sunday it causes problems. I picked up again on Monday, though. Tonight I'm hoping Dave will lift weights with me. I love feeling the progress- when you realize it's much easier to go 1 1/2 miles than it used to be. :)

I'm really loving eating all the veggies. It feels so good! I went to Food Network.com and printed off all of Alton Brown's veggie recipes. And I really like the recipes from Bittman's new book. Scrumptious! Dave is enjoying them, too. I like that his recipes are kind of loose. You can cook the same recipe 20 times and it will be different each time because he just says something like, "Add 4 cups of veggies" and lists some good possibilites for this application. Then at the end of the recipe he gives tips for good variations. So this time I make it with beets and carrots and next time with red potatoes, celery and turnips. But it's still the same recipe!

No comments: