Friday, December 18, 2009

Fitness Challenge

I read an article in Runners World where 16 siblings all ran the same marathon. They kept up with each others' training and cheered each other on by posting on Facebook. I liked that idea. In Dave's family we have each set an individual fitness goal for the month (and plan to add to our goals each month). This has kept me going because I don't want to have to confess that I messed up. What do you all say to doing something like that for our family? My idea is to declare our goal for the month and record our progress weekly or so. If we need motivation, hopefully we can help each other out. Any other ideas, improvements, suggestions?

My personal goal for this month is to exercise 5 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time, to eat no sugar this month, and to eat three veggies and two fruits a day.

So far so good. I haven't eaten sugar in two weeks. :) At the beginning of the month I was doing a little over a mile in half an hour. I've worked up to 2 miles in a little over half an hour. I ran out and got new running shoes today because my old ones were shot. And I've been especially enjoying carrots.

Tell me your thoughts! Love you guys!

Laurie

No comments: